Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ingredients in rice balls sold at convenience stores (2).

Sea tangle takes up a quiet position among the various kinds of ingredient contained in rice balls. As regards its taste, in my opinion, using sea tangle as an ingredient of rice balls is quite difficult, because their seasoning requires very delicate adjustment. For me, most sea tangle in rice balls sold at convenience stores tastes too sweet and every time I occasionally eat them, I feel as if I eat candies. But, if they were sold without strong seasoning, the sales would soon drop. In today’s cookery, the condiments are excessively used and the equilibrium point of sweetness is set too high. In such conditions, subtle difference of the taste of the stuff become under noise level. Innovations in seasoning methods are required.